ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s coalition Government 34-member federal cabinet has taken oath in a ceremony at President House.
A 34-member strong cabinet has taken an oath to form the official decision-making body of the coalition government, which came into power after former prime minister Imran Khan was voted out on April 10.
While there are many old faces in the new cabinet, there are also 20 seasoned politicians who have made it to the federal cabinet for the first time.
The oath was administered by acting President Sadiq Sanjarani as President Arif Alvi has excused himself from administering the oath citing his ill health.
Three ministers of state and 31 federal minister took the oath. The cabinet comprises fourteen members from PMLN, nine from PPP, four from JUI-F, two from MQM-P, and one each from JWP and PML-Q.
BNP-Mengal’s Akhtar Mengal refused to take oath in protest against the Chagi incident.
PPP’s Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, who was slated to become foreign minister, has not taken oath, though Hina Rabbani Khar has been sworn in a state minister.
PAKISTAN MUSLIM LEAGUE-NAWAZ
1. Khawaja Muhammad Asif, MNA — Defence
2. Ahsan Iqbal Chaudhary, MNA — Planning and Development and Special Initiatives
3. Rana Sana Ullah Khan. MNA — Interior
4. Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, MNA
5. Rana Tanveer Hussain, MNA
6. Khurrum Dastagir Khan, MNA
7. Marriyum Aurangzeb, MNA — Information and Broadcasting
8. Khawaja Saad Rafique, MNA — Railways
9. Mian Riaz Hussain Pirzada, MNA
10. Murtaza Javed Abbasi. MNA — Parliamentary Affairs
11. Azam Nazeer Tarar, Senator — Law
12. Miftah Ismail — Finance
PAKISTAN PEOPLE’S PARTY
13. Syed Khursheed Ahmed Shah, MNA
14. Syed Naveed Qamar, MNA
15. Sherry Rehman, Senator
16. Abdul Qadir Patel, MNA
17. Shazia Marri, MNA
18. Syed Murtaza Mahmud, MNA — Industries
19. Sajid Hussain Turi, MNA
20. Ehsaan-ur-Rehman Mazari, MNA
21. Abid Hussain Bhayo, MNA
22. Asad Mahmood, MNA — Communication
23. Abdul Wasay, MNA — Housing
24. Mufti Abdul Shakoor, MNA — Religious Affair
25. Muhammad Talha Mahmood, Senator — States and Frontier Regions (Safron)
MUTTAHIDA QAUMI MOVEMENT
26. Syed Aminul Haque, MNA — Information Technology
27. Syed Faisal Ali Subzwari, Senator
BALOCHISTAN AWAMI PARTY
28. Muhammad Israr Tareen, MNA
JAMHOORI WATAN PARTY
29. Nawabzada Shazain Bugti, MNA — Narcotics Controls
PAKISTAN MUSLIM LEAGUE-Q
30. Chaudhary Tariq Bashir Cheema, MNA — Food Security
MINISTERS OF STATE
1. Dr. Aisha Ghaus Pasha, MNA – PML-N
2. Hina Rabbani Khar, MNA – PPP — State Minister Foreign Affairs
3. Abdul Rehman Khan Kanju, MNA – PML-N
The portfolios of these members will be notified later.